Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thankfulness Log 2015, 3

Thankfulness is something I'm realizing has a root in the Lord, the source of all good things. But out of that there are little stems. One of those stems is my attitude. One of those stems is perspective.  As I've thought a lot of these two things, I'm struck by how attitude and perspective are what keep my eyes open to the things that warrant gratitude.

Nov 15: I'm thankful for Kyle and Nicki and how they know me and can pray for me. I'm thankful for Dave and Martha and their part in my life. I'm thankful to be able to go to Epcot with some super fun ladies and remember the God of this world who cares about all nations. I'm thankful for laughter and giggles with the single ladies at our post conference. I'm thankful for Shayna and her love for little baby things.

Nov 16: I'm thankful God wants us to be us. And that he doesn't want us to be "not us." I'm thankful for clarity. I'm thankful we are creative beings. I'm thankful for the people that let us ladies have the gift of a dinner at the Colombia. I'm thankful for cultures.

Nov 17: I'm thankful for a night off. 

Nov 18: I'm thankful for Deb E, who helps me process my life and affirms the things that are of God and those that are not.  I'm thankful for Jamie and how she is trusting God. I'm thankful for the Gospel choir coming to Navs.

Nov 20: I'm beyond thankful for the staff team. I know I mentioned them already, but I really am so thankful for having time with them and learning who they are and seeing us become more vulnerable and real with each other. I'm thankful that Jesus answers his people. That he speaks to direct situations.

Nov 21: I'm thankful for the 65 students that are here to explore how God is calling them to participate in his purpose for our lives. I'm thankful for how they are exercising faith.

This blog brought to you by the Fall weather that finally showed up this week and lets me have my windows open.

No comments:

Post a Comment