Monday, November 9, 2015

Thankfulness Log 2015, 1


Though a common type of blog in November, sometimes I find I need to be thankful. Not need like  I worship thankfulness, or I'm not remembering who gives all good gifts,  but more that I need to stop and take time to remember who God is; what he is up to; who I am in light of his plan and his grace. I need to remember and to think on and to recognize my Savior.  This is one place I can record those thoughts this November:

Nov 1: Today I am thankful for having courage to interact with acquaintances and the emotional energy to initiate with friends. Today I am thankful for a weekend where I got to share a moment with my family over how cute my little niece was as a lady bug for Halloween. Today I am thankful for my pastor talking about loving each other practically, personally and outside of the box. I am thankful Jesus loves us this way too, and that his love is what we invite people into who have yet to know Jesus. I am thankful for a walk at dusk with a neighbor and I am thankful for time to rest. I am thankful for leaders that care about my life and not just my role in ministry.

Nov 4: Today I am thankful that we are chosen and adopted by God, that we are mercied and ransomed by Jesus blood, and that we are messengers of hope and love and joy to a dying world. I'm thankful for Pastor Eric gave this message at our large group tonight and how much he interacted and loved the students. I'm thankful for the lovely senior girls I meet with and how they want to follow Jesus with their whole hearts. How they laugh and love and think deeply. Today I'm thankful for my amazing staff team that I have the privilege of working with everyday and who I'm so blessed by and who make me laugh. And who feel like an actual team and who I also can call friends.  I'm also thankful for those far away friends that can talk for 10 minutes or ten hours and, in both cases, leave feeling encouraged.

Nov 7: Today I am thankful I didn't die rollerskating with the ministry women last night. I  am thankful for women like Sue who feel more like a real friend than a staff friend. I am thankful for a national conference coming up and that today I woke up looking forward to it. I'm thankful to live in a cute house not too far from campus. I am thankful that God is working on the diversity factor among our freshman class. I am thankful I have a day to process and pack and think and watch FSU vs Clemson football.

This blog brought to you by the Author of all good things in my life and my 80's black tights with pink and purple hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment