In summary of the womanhood series, I wanted to recap what the last 6 blog posts have been saying about the difference between a woman of God, who lives with His strength, or a wimpy woman, who lives out of her own ability. Here's what we've covered:
A Wimpy Woman:
- Tries to be like a man.
- Only helps herself.
- Has no long term impact.
- Is foolish with her words.
- Is fearful to commit and only does things that benefit herself.
- Lets the world determine her value.
- Appreciates men & womens’ roles & strives to live out of her God-given feminitity.
- Is a Helper to those around her.
- Leaves a legacy of influence on the next generation.
- Is wise with her words.
- Is commited to courageously act on behalf of God and others.
- Lets God determine her value.
Hebrews 12:1-2 says
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus the Author and perfector of our faith."
Ladies, don’t let the world determine what it looks like to run like a girl. Let God determine it. And when he defines it in your life. Run. Run with all your might like a girl. Run like a woman with a Noble Calling. Run as one who serves as a Helper and a Life Giver. Run as one who reflects the Lord in wisdom, beauty, courage and commitment. Run as a woman who shows to the world that Christ is her all, her Hope, her Life and her Glory!
And for goodness sakes, Run like a girl! Racing towards Jesus in your God given design as a woman.
This blog inspired by a sign that hangs in my Mom's house that says: Here's to strong Women: May we know them, May we be them, May we raise them.