Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gym Day #2: Funny Scenarios

This week my mom told me about how she saw a lady in her yoga class struggling and she thought "poor lady." Then at the end of her workout, she put her glasses on and realized it was a mirror and the lady was her.

This made me laugh really hard and I reminded myself that at the gym, laughing is a must.


With this in mind, I go to my second complimentary session with a Personal Trainer at the gym which I just joined last week.. Brian (the PT guy) makes me do jumping jacks, some kinda of wierd seal jumping jacks where I had the urge to bark like a sea lion loudly, lunges, and other shenannigans. As Brian goes on to teach me about some wierd pull ups, things start to get fuzzy. I am hearing him and thinking, this is wierd.  And then they get really fuzzy, and I start to get dizzy. He's explaining, I'm trying hard to focus and then I say something to the affect of "uh..i think I'm going to pass out." Brian makes me sit down as I refocus and drink some water. Feeling defeated a little, I have the urge to run out. But, I stay drink my water, and force myself to listen to Brian tell me about the new dog his wife and He got this week.

At this point, I think I've passed out because I see something that only could happen in an unconcious state. I see a middle aged asian man jump from the floor to a platform about 5 feet off the ground. Then I realize, I have not passed out and this guy legitally is jumping from platform to platform made of excercise balls and mats, combined with a slack line. huh. interesting. He looks like he should be in the Cirque de Chine in Dollywood.

At this point, I continue the work out and finish with victory flags. We'll see if anything happens Friday when I try it again.

This Blog brought to you by my mom's rendition of the Michael Jackson classic "Man in the Mirror."

No comments:

Post a Comment